We care about you and your baby. But this blog post is to help you choose a Nursing Chair that would give you the most comfort.
We know that your baby’s Nursing needs so much stuff to make the baby comfortable and safe, but a Nursery glider is crucial. Why? It makes you comfortable while you cuddle your baby. The truth is, the more relaxed you are, the more relaxed your baby would be. So, buying a Nursing Chair is essential.
WHY IS A NURSING CHAIR NECESSARY?
As a mother, all your attention would be on the baby, whether you like it or not. You would see yourself spending most of your day in her nursery attending to her needs. It is normal.
A proper nursing chair makes you and the baby comfortable while you carry her. The back and forth rocking motion help you and the baby fall asleep quickly.
When you feed your baby, cuddle her, read a book while you hold her. It is best to do all these in a Nursing Chair.
The back and forth motion and comfort are a Nursing Chair’s selling point.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A NURSING CHAIR
- Comfort. Anything that doesn’t feel comfortable is not worth it. Because that’s the real purpose of buying a Nursing Chair—Comfort.
Ensure that you buy something that supports your back and wouldn’t start to hurt your back after some time. The height should also be looked at. Get something that is proportionate to your body size. The best practice is to sit on it before paying, so you can check out everything for yourself.
- Quality. This point is obvious, but I’m adding it in case you don’t know. Get something that is sturdy and well built. You will be glad in the long run that you chose quality.
- Easy to Clean. Babies are unpredictable. Just like we said in our article, where we talked about the best diaper bags [insert link], babies cannot control these things. They can spit out food or go number 2 anytime, anywhere. So, picking a nursing chair that can be cleaned easily is a welcomed idea.
- Arm rests and Leg rests. This makes for better comfort for you. Make sure you get something with arms rests that are wide and padded.
It’s all about your comfort. That’s why you should pick one with leg rest. So, you have the freedom to stretch your leg when it gets numb from sitting too much.
- Safety. You don’t want your baby’s hands to get stuck in the parts of the chair. Do you? Avoid this by getting a chair that the moving parts are covered.
- Pocket-Friendly. Don’t buy anything that is overpriced. Although, if you see a product with a good bargain, with features that are worth the extra buck. Don’t hesitate!
- Noise. Try to avoid anything that makes noise. You would get frustrated when your baby cannot sleep because of a squeaky sound comes as you rock the chair.
- Storage Pockets. Storage pockets are for increased convenience. You can store the baby’s diapers, feeding bottle, water, or napkin without having to stand up to get them. Not every chair comes with a pocket, but you should consider one with pockets.
- Multiple Features. Although these features would make the price go up, you should consider a chair with features like 360 rotation, gliding, and reclining features. These chairs with reclining function would have a locking mechanism to help keep the chair in one position. Again, if you cannot afford it, no pressure.
TOP-RATED NURSERY GLIDERS IN 2020
1. Most Comfortable: Mikayla Swivel Gliding Recliner
Comfort is the most important thing, that’s why we decided to list this product first. The Mikayla Swivel Gliding Chair is elegant and comes with the most comfortable foam you would see. This Chair was properly designed and would have your room looking good.
It swivels 360 degrees, glides, and has a footrest that allows you to stretch your legs whenever you feel like.
- The beautiful design would add an extra touch of class to your sitting room.
- Built to last.
- Swivels and Reclines to give you your much-needed comfort.
- It Can be easily assembled.
- No pillows for lumbar support
2. Best Nursing Glider. Graco Parker Semi-Upholstered Glider
We love this product because it has everything a Mom would need. It has a nursing stool that you can pull out for situations when you have to drop the baby or rest your leg. It can be inserted back under the chair; In case you’re not currently using it.
It has a higher than average armrest that makes breastfeeding even more comfortable for your baby. It has an enclosed metal ball bearing that gives you the smoothest gliding motion. This feature helps your baby fall asleep quickly.
- The high armrests are great for breastfeeding.
- Cushions are easy to clean.
- Microfiber seats make it very comfortable to sit on.
- It has a Pull-out Nursing stool
- No protective cover
3. Best Glider for Tall Moms: Storkcraft Premium Hoop Glider and Ottoman
We love this product because of its side pockets and its high-quality design. The Storkcraft Premium Hoop Glider has 19 color options, allowing you to pick from a variety of choices.
Thanks to the pockets, you can put in the baby’s toys, books, feeding bottles, or whatever it is you decide. Its padded armrest gives you all the comfort you need.
It has thick cushions for increased comfort while you sit. It has matching ottomans, which are easy to clean. Taller moms would love this product because of its size.
- Side Pockets to keep toys, books, and feeding bottles.
- It has ottomans for increased comfort.
- It has a footrest.
- 19 color options.
- Built to last
- It has a lumbar support pillow
- It is excellent for tall moms
- No protective cover
4. Best Modern Glider: Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider
We love this product because it is water and stain-resistant. This nursing chair is modern and beautifully designed. This chair would add an extra touch of class to your home.
It makes no noise when it glides, which is vital to help your baby sleep quickly. The Babyletto Madison Swivel Chair comes in 5 unique colors. So, you’d have lots of colors to choose from.
It has a 100% polyester fabric and a TSCA compliant plywood. If you want a chair with comfort and beauty, this is for you.
- Stylish and Modern Design.
- It swivels 360 degrees.
- It is made with water and stain-resistant materials.
- Saves space because of its small size
- It doesn’t have a footrest.
5. Best All-Round: DaVinci Olive Upholstered Swivel Glider
This chair should have been listed first, but we just had to introduce it now. If you want a chair that has all you want, this is it.
It is GreenGuard Gold certified and has you and your kid’s safety in mind. It has a metal base that gives a gentle 360-degree swivel motion and forward and backward gliding to make you and your baby comfortable as you cuddle her.
You enjoy the footrest (ottoman) that lets you kick back with your legs up and relax. A complimentary pillow to give comfort to your lower back as you sit.
This product takes home the medal of the best Nursery chair because it has everything you would need
- The metal base which makes the swivel and gliding motion smooth and quiet
- Has an ottoman (leg rest)
- GreenGuard Gold Certified
- Easy to set up
- It has a lumbar support
- No Protective Cover
- People have complained that the metal underneath starts to make noise as it gets old
6. Easiest-to-Clean Nursery Glider: Delta Children Emerson Glider Swivel Rocker Chair
If you need something that is easy to wash then, this product is for you. The seat cushions are removable, which makes cleaning easy. It comes with an armrest wide and thick enough to give you complete comfort.
It has a metal base that makes for gentle and smooth swivel motion.
By just looking at its upholstered material, you can tell that this product was designed to last.
- Thick armrest
- It is quiet when it glides.
- Removable seat cushions make washing easy
- No added pillow or cushion for lumbar support
7. Best Plus-Size Nursery Rocker: Nursery Works Sleepytime Rocker
The material on this chair is upholstered with a blend of 75% polyester, 10% linen, 15% viscose. This is perfect for plus sized Mums who need that extra space.
We love this chair because of how soft the material is. It is unique because not many chairs have this mixture of different materials. Your safety is a priority as this chair is Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDEs) and Formaldehyde free
It has ash wood legs. So, automatically, you wouldn’t hear any squeaky sounds as you go back and forth in it. But it does not glide or recline. There is a removable lumbar pillow, so you wouldn’t have to worry about lower back pains.
- Comfortable Material
- Wooden legs—No noise
- Removable pillow for lumbar support
- Excellent for plus-sized Mums
- Meets safety standards
- No footrest
- No 360-degree glides or swivels
- The material needs proper maintenance.
8. Best Luxury Nursery Glider: Dutailier Multiposition Reclining Sleigh Glider and Ottoman
If you love luxury and you like each of your properties to be top of the line, this product is for you.
This product is the best in terms of quality and safety. So, if you can afford it, then you should go for it. No product listed here has the Multi-position lock feature that this product has.
Everything about this product is top-class. The Dutailier offers an exclusive gliding system with top quality sealed ball bearings. There is a 45-degree reclining mechanism that allows the backrest to be fully adjustable.
The cushions don’t sag as they age. They maintain the same firmness till then end, which is why each one of these chairs has a 5-year warranty. The Dutailier comes with an ottoman that gives you the freedom to stretch your legs when it starts to hurt.
- Built to last
- A 45-degree declining mechanism that makes the backrest fully adjustable
- 5-year warranty
- Comes with an ottoman
- Has a multi-position lock feature
- No side pockets
- Reviewers complain about the price
Best Convertible Nursery Glider: Baby Relax Wainwright Wingback Convertible Rocker
This product has won the love of many Moms because of how easy it is to clean. So, when there’s a mess, cleaning wouldn’t be difficult.
This product would last you even long after the baby is grown, thanks to its removable legs. It can serve as a regular chair when you no longer need the glide feature. You simply swap the removable gliders with another wood to hold the chair up.
- Removable Legs
- Easy to Wash
- No side pockets
Best Glider for Small Spaces: Delta Children Blair Nursery Glider
If you want something that would not take up too much space, then this is the right product for you.
It comes in three unique and beautiful colors; Charcoal, Taupe, and Cream. It has durable steel underneath it that makes no noise. Mothers love this product because it is easy to clean.
I love how this product was designed. The curved frames of the chair increase your comfort.
- Its small footprints take little space
- Removable cushions make it easy to clean
- Unique color options
- It is quiet when you swivel and glide
- No side pockets
- You have to buy an ottoman separately
Choosing the right products would involve considering comfort, price, maintenance, and added features.
But don’t get carried away or overwhelmed seeing various types of chairs. Remember, your main goal should be the one that is most comfortable for you without breaking the bank.
I’m not going to point anyone for you, because I feel I’ve done enough to direct you to the best options out there.
So, make a choice based on what you prefer.