When your baby starts to eat solids, getting a high table becomes a necessary investment. Your little angel may get to this stage at least at 5 months old.
She cannot sit on regular chairs like every other grown up in the house. This is because she would be prone to injuries from falling over from chairs. High chairs help you keep your toddlers from falling or throwing their food all over the place
These chairs perform various functions asides from a place to eat. It is a place for your little kids to play with their toys while staying put, at a spot. It is the baby’s spot at family gatherings and TV time. It can be used when you’re too busy to carry the little one or keep an eye on her.
While getting a high chair can help to reduce paying 100% attention to your baby (although quite impossible not to). It also demands that you clean it and ensure that it is in good quality.
When buying a baby chair, you shouldn’t just pick anyone that is presented to you. You have to know what you want. Here are some things to consider when choosing a high chair for your baby.
HOW TO CHOOSE A HIGH CHAIR FOR YOUR BABY
Selecting the right table chair largely depends on your situation. Table chairs come in different forms, designs, colors, and specifications in general. Your selection solely depends on your needs.
Speaking of specifications, there are high chairs that double as cradles and swings. They are somewhat removable and can be taken from room to room. These come with distinctions that some may see as a luxury and some see as a must-have. This decision depends on you.
So, here are 5 things to consider when choosing a high chair;
- Durability. Are your other children running around the house causing havoc and messing the whole place up? Are you planning on having more children who would use the same high chair when they are of age? These factors should affect the type of high chair to get. Although, they may be quite expensive, but that shouldn’t stop you from investing. You do not want to be buying this one thing over and over.
- Foldability. Foldable high chairs give you more space around the house. If you are staying in a not-so-big apartment, you might want to consider getting a foldable high chair.
- Safety. This should have been listed first because safety is very important. Many, if not all baby has wheels to help to move the baby around easily. You should ensure that the wheels on the chair can be locked to a position. You should check how responsive the locks are. There are some chairs with defective wheels. Try to avoid those as much as possible.
You also want to check for seat restraint harnesses, sort of like a seat belt. To not allow the baby to fall off the chair.
- Size of the tray. Try to look for a spacious chair. This would be easier to clean and would give your toddler more space to play with her toys for longer.
- Comfort. Some chairs are a huge nightmare. Their materials are not comfortable in any way. They itch, they are too tight and aren’t well padded. If possible, let your baby be with you when you are picking one, so you can see how well she fits in the chair.
TYPES OF HIGH CHAIRS
The perfect chair for you depends on the points listed above. But even with those factors of the way. There are still varieties of chairs in the market under the categories below. Here are 5 types of high baby chairs.
- Full-Featured High Chair. These are multipurpose kinds of baby chairs. They are usually more expensive than the other types but they are worth the investment. The seats are adjustable and have extra padding for comfort. They come with bells and toys. They are removable and can be carried as cradles. Its legs can be removed and folded easily which aids easy mobility. It is very easy to wash and the tray can be removed and put in a dishwasher. The only thing is that they don’t come cheap but are durable and built to last.
- Wooden High Chair. Wooden chairs are known to be less affected by wear and tear. Many people run away from this kind of high chair for babies because of its weight and the difficulty that follows carrying it about. Another reason why the wooden option for baby high chairs is that it is easier to clean compared to the plastic or metal counterparts. So if you want strength and less work in cleaning but can forego weight then, the wooden chair is a better option for you.
- Plastic or Metal Frame High Chairs. These are the ones that are most common in today’s market because of how efficient they are. The good thing about this variant of chairs is that they are foldable and lightweight which makes them easier to carry about. With these guys, you can create more space in your house by keeping them aside when not in use. The downside about the plastic and wooden chairs is that they are difficult to clean due to all their paddings. When your baby pours food on these surfaces, it constitutes a nightmare for parents. A good thing about the high chairs is that they are very inexpensive
- Hook-on High Chairs. The special feature of this chair is that it can be attached to the family table. They are good options because they don’t take much space and your newborn can eat with the family on the same table. A disadvantage of the hook-on high chairs is that they don’t fit all tables. Also, some of them tend to leave marks on tables.
WHY AND WHEN YOU NEED A BABY HIGH CHAIR
Baby High chairs are your toddler’s special dining table. It is important to get her one so she doesn’t get injured from falling off when sitting on a regular chair.
Baby High Chairs can be used at restaurants, eateries, birthday parties or on vacations. They also help your baby avoid throwing food on the ground.
TOP 7 BEST RATED BABY HIGH CHAIRS OF 2020
- Graco DuoDiner LX High Chair.
The Graco duoDiner is a 3-in-1 high chair that provides adequate space for your baby. It also has a reclining feature that aids the development of your baby.
Mothers wouldn’t have much to worry about as regards cleaning because of its dishwasher friendly feature. You simply just disassemble the tray for the chair and stick it into the dishwasher.
This high baby chair is meant to last. The reason is, you can hook up the chair to a table, so you and your growing toddler can eat together on the same table.
The Graco DuoDiner is padded properly and the back and the head area for your baby’s maximum comfort. The high chair is foldable which gives you more space in your house.
It comes in a harness that keeps your baby safe from falling off accidentally
- Multipurpose. Can be used as a normal baby chair and can be clipped to a table
- Easy to clean thanks to being Machine Washable
- Very comfortable with the inclusion of Back and Head padding
- Inclusion of Harness for your toddler’s safety
- The large tray can be removed easily
- Good Quality Metal
- Adjustable Height
- Different color options
- Hard plastic Padding
- The wheels on the chairs don’t have breaks which may be dangerous
- Straps are hard to clean
Buy the Graco DuoDiner here
- Graco Slim Snacker High Chair.
The fast folding slim snacker high chair has just one word to be described by which is convenient. Many Mums complain that they cannot fold or bring out the trays alone without the presence of a second person. Unbelievably, folding the Graco slim snacker high takes no effort at all.
It takes less room and can be fit into smaller spaces compared to other high chairs. Maintaining this chair is a breeze. You can wash it easily with warm water and soap.
The baby has a large tray real estate which houses a cupholder across a wide space for the tray giving your little angel more space for her meals.
It comes with a 3- and 5-point harness which means as the baby gets bigger, you can adjust her harness size.
An added feature is a footrest that doesn’t leave your toddler’s legs dangling in the air.
- Pocket-Friendly Price
- Easy to Fold
- Available Footrest
- Easy to clean
- Has a Cupholder
- Has a recline Feature
- Not Height Adjustable
- No wheels
Buy the Graco Slim Slacker here
- Graco Blossom 6 In 1 Convertible High Chair.
The amazing Graco 6 in 1 Blossom convertible High Chair can take children simultaneously. You can adjust the height 6 times and has 3 reclining positions for better comfort for multiple users.
The 6 in 1 product from Graco is simply innovative since it takes more than one child in mind and has multiple functions. It comes with a booster seat strap and a youth chair which makes it possible for your growing toddler to seat while the infant between them hangs on the high chair
When the tray gets dirty, you can remove it and put it in a dishwasher without worrying about the material getting destroyed.
This particular chair is a must-buy for parents because of the many benefits which you get to enjoy. It has a 3- to 5- point harness, a footrest and it was designed for the tray to be easily removed with just one hand.
- Easy to Clean
- Highly Efficient
- Can house two toddlers
- Can be adjusted to different heights
- Dish washable
- Comes with a footrest
- Grows with your Child
- Easy to put together
- Takes lots of space because of its many features
Buy the Graco Blossom 3 in 1 here
4. Evenflo 4-in-1 Eat & Grow Convertible High Chair.
The Evenflo 4-in-1 was is a stylistic high chair. This chair is easy to set up and very affordable. This lovely designed high chair is not something that you’d have to break the bank for. After buying this, you can afford to buy a second as a gift to a friend.
As your newborn gets older, you can transform this high chair into a table and chair or a stand-alone toddler chair. This is a welcome idea because you won’t have to spend extra on getting a kiddie size chair and table for your baby when she needs one.
The tray is machine washable with a 100% polyester seat pad which is also machine washable. It has a single 5-point harness for keeping the baby put on the chair.
· Stylish Design
· Machine Washable tray and seat pad
· Very affordable
· Transformable from a high chair to a chair and table to a stand-alone toddler chair for playtime and meals as your toddler gets older
· Easy to use and clean
· Has reliable shoulder straps
· Non-adjustable food tray which leaves a gap for food to fall off from
· You have to tip the tray to remove it; which means the tray has to be cleaned before removing it which may be a bit difficult.
Buy the Evenflo here
5. JOOVY Nook High Chair.
The Joovy Nook High Chair is great If you have a small apartment and are trying to maximize space. It can fold down up to half its original size, buying you back some space and would make taking the chair on road trips easier
The seats come in stylish colors which are amazingly comfortable. The dish washable tray has a swing-open feature which makes putting your baby into the chair seamless. It comes with 4 adjustable positions to accommodate your child as he gets older.
· Foldable which saves space
· 4 adjustable positions
· Machine Washable tray
· Swing open tray
· Padded leatherette seats
· No height or Recline Adjustments
· Quite Expensive
· Difficult to keep clean
Buy the Joovy here
6. Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair
The Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair is tagged as the most Adult-friendly chair because of its sturdy build and how versatile it is. Let’s say your toddler is all grown up and she doesn’t use the Abiie as a high chair anymore, you can simply turn it into a chair for yourself.
The Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair’s Tray is Stain Resistant and the cushion — Water Resistant. It comes with a dual restraint which can be adjusted from a 3-point harness to a 5-point harness.
Parents have proven to love this brand because of how easy it is to clean and how sturdy the designs are. The trays are also machine washable
This high chair has won various awards including; The National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA) and the Baby Maternity Magazine’s Awards Program
· Sturdy and Durable
· Water and Stain Resistant
· Machine Washable Trays
· Comfortable and Safe
· Adjustable seat heights
· Difficult to adjust straps
Buy the Abiie here
7. Inglesina Fast Table Chair.
This is a great product because you can easily place it on tables at home and when you’re out with the baby. It is 3.5” thick and can be fastened to any table with a little fastened coupling. It is really easy to set up and very light for ease of movement.
The main selling point of this item is its portability. You can easily carry it about, fold it up and put it in the trunk.
It was designed to be a handheld baby chair. It contains pockets that can store baby wipes, extra diapers, napkins, etc. It is durable and easy to wash, allowing you to enjoy it for years to come.
· Easy to clean
· Easy to attach to any table
· Safety harness to keep your baby safe
· Pockets storage
· Different Color options
· The chair can fall off the table with your baby if not tightened properly
Buy the Inglesina here
We have listed some of the best and top-rated Baby high chairs. It’s up to you, to select the right one that would fit your price budget, the size of your house or your daily engagements.
If you are looking for sturdy and versatile, then you should probably go for the Wooden Abiie. If you are interested in something lightweight and easy to carry around that won’t take much space, then the Inglesina is something you should go for.
Ensure you lookout for the physical conditions properly before making any payment. To avoid defective products that may malfunction and cause harm to your newborn