Once everything is cleaned up and you have taken hundreds of pictures to post on all your social media platforms. You sit down and start to process the events of your baby shower. Your living room is filled with gifts that your guests have taken their time to go out and buy a gift, it is now time for you to return the favour and write your thank you cards to your guests.
It might seem like an old fashioned tradition but a hand written thank you card will mean the world to your guests. We are going to show you a few tips and tricks to make sure that your baby shower thank you cards are as perfect as your baby shower was.
What to include in your baby shower thank you cards:
Besides for the obvious ‘thank you’ statement that you are going to say; there are a few details that you need to include that will tie your thank you letter to your baby shower.
- Address your guest with their proper name on the envelope of the letter. If they do not like the Miss or Mrs title, then address them the way that your guest is most comfortable with. You might want to address the baby’s godparents as godmother and godfather followed by their name. Same as their aunts and uncles.
- Pick out stationary that fits your baby shower theme. You want to keep the same theme running from start to finish.
- Mention the gift by name. This will show your guests that you took the time to note down what exactly they got you and will make the letter more personal.
- Express your gratitude to your guests for taking the time to come and celebrate with you and for buying you the gorgeous gifts that your baby will use from day one.
- Do not forget to say ‘thank you’. It is as simple as that.
- End off your card with an appropriate sign off such as ‘much love,’ ‘yours sincerely,’ or even a simple ‘thank you again.’ Finish off with your name and your spouse’s if it was a joint party.
Examples of baby shower thank you section for your gifts:
- ‘Thank you so much for the lovely (gift). It is perfect for the baby’s room and cannot wait to get to use it once the baby has arrived.’
- ‘How can I say thank you enough for the amazing (gift) that you gave me! As always, you know exactly what I need! Thank you!”
- ‘How did you know that (gift) was one of the first things that I registered for? I am so excited to use this once the baby comes.’
- ‘Thank you so much for the gorgeous (gift). It is going to make such a difference in my new life as a mom! Your generosity will always be appreciated.’
Examples of baby shower thank you wording endings:
- ‘Thank you so much for making my baby shower that much more special. Both me and the baby feel so loved and supported by you.’
- ‘The baby will look so cute in the gift that you got them. Cannot wait to take a cute selfie with the baby in this and share it with you.’
- Thank you for not only attending my baby shower but for your continuous support through this exciting but scary time.’
- ’How lucky am I to have a friend like you? Thank you for celebrating and being at my baby shower. The party will not have been the same without you.’
Examples of baby shower thank you wording that is a bit overdue:
Sometimes time gets away from us and babies run on their own time not on ours. In case you do not get to your thank you letters before the baby comes or in a timely manner, here are some examples to help your thank you letters along.
- ‘Thank you for the amazing baby supplies you gave us. They are coming in handy right in the middle this new baby world.’
- ‘I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you being at my baby shower. While it has been a whirlwind since then, I still have many fond memories from that event.’
- ‘Thank you so incredibly much for the (gift) you gave us to welcome our little one into the world. You never know what’s going to happen once the baby comes, so I appreciate your understanding that this note is arriving a little later than I hoped.’
Your thank you letter is the final step to end off your baby shower. Everything has been exactly how you have wanted for your shower and you can end it off with personalised thank you letters to your guests who helped make your baby shower so special.